Habitat for Humanity
1421 E. 15th Street
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Habitat is an ecumenical Christian housing ministry that seeks to put belief into action by working in partnership with God’s people to provide simple, decent, affordable homes for qualified low-income families. Habitat has shown that building homes does more than put a roof over someone’s head. In clean, decent, stable housing:
- Families can provide stability for children.
- A family’s sense of dignity and pride grows.
- Educational and job prospects increase.
- Health, physical safety, and security improve.
- In addition to building homes, Habitat builds a spirit of community and cooperation among the volunteers, supporters and beneficiaries of the organization.
Habitat is a partnership founded on common ground: bridging theological differences by putting love into action. Everyone can use the hammer as an instrument to manifest God’s love. Habitat founder Millard Fuller called this concept “the theology of the hammer,” explaining, “We may disagree on all sorts of other things… but we can agree on the idea of building homes with God’s people in need, and in doing so using biblical economics: no profit and no interest.”