Here are the core values of First United Presbyterian Church:
- Inspiring Worship: Prayerfully praising God together and being touched and changed by the Spirit.
Psalm 105:1-3. O give thanks to the Lord, call on his name, make known his deeds among the peoples.
Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wonderful works. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
- Spiritual Growth: Encouraging growth by prayerfully studying scripture and the Christian faith.
Colossians 2:6-7. As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
- Loving Relationships: Nurturing connections in a joyful and safe environment.
1 John 4:11. Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another.
- Faithful Service: Working together to reflect and demonstrate God’s love to all people.
I John 3:18 “…let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.”
- Generous Stewardship: Sharing our gifts and cultivating our resources for God’s purposes.
II Corinthians 9:8. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work.
- Welcoming Community: Striving to be an inviting and supportive Christian family.
I Thessalonians 2:8. So deeply do we care for you that we are determined to share with you not only the gospel of God but also ourselves, because you have become dear to us.
We warmly invite you to contact us, whether
- You would like to talk about something you find in these pages.
- You are seeking a church family and want to visit.
- You are interested in exploring Christian faith on a deeper level.
- You have a special need we might be able to help with.
Additional resources related to Presbyterian beliefs: