The Trustees of First United Presbyterian Church invite undergraduate college or vocational students to submit applications for the Vawter Scholarship.
Requirements for application to the Grace Vawter Scholarship:
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of First United Presbyterian Church, Fayetteville, Arkansas, or have a meaningful connection to that church. Church members have priority. Others are considered if no members apply.
- The applicant must have a 3.0 or equivalent grade point average.
- The applicant must be pursuing a post-high school education leading to a degree or certification.
- The applicant’s annual family income should be no more than $ 115,000 based on the 2023 CPI.
- The recipients will be selected by the Trustees of the First United Presbyterian Church who will be responsible for ensuring that the criteria are met. The number of recipients will be determined according to the amount of available earnings such that each recipient has a modest scholarship for the year. Recipients may receive a scholarship for any school year for which they are selected.
Amounts of the scholarship vary with the number of qualified applicants.