About FUPC Worship
The Session of First United Presbyterian Church has decided to temporarily pause face-to-face worship. Instead, our congregation will be worshiping together online each Sunday morning at 11 a.m. To access our weekly service, click the button below!
For information on our typical worship schedule and environment, continue reading below…
Worship that is vibrant, profound, and transformative…
As Presbyterians, we believe the highest purpose of life is to glorify and enjoy God forever. So it’s no surprise that worshiping the triune God together is the heart of our church’s identity and relationships. Worship at First United Presbyterian Church will help you experience God’s presence and grace on a weekly basis. We draw deeply on historic worship practices from the church throughout the ages, including our own Reformed tradition. Each Sunday, we weave together these traditional threads with contemporary ones to help you make connections with current culture and life’s daily challenges.
8:30 AM A reflective service with a thoughtful, biblically-based sermon and weekly Communion. Nursery and a children’s message are part of the service.
11:00 AM An energetic service with a variety of inspirational choirs and special music, and a wide mixture of people from children, youth, and students to families and great-grandparents. Nursery and a children’s message are a part of the service.
Our worship is planned so that you will experience:
- The presence of the Holy Spirit and the living Christ in our midst.
- A warm, caring atmosphere with friendly, interested people.
- A range of experiences and emotions from jubilation and deep gratitude to forgiveness, healing, and hope.
- A thoughtfully prepared and integrated worship theme and sermon—rooted in scripture and daily life—that will challenge you and stay with you throughout the week.
- Carefully planned, varied, but always substantive music that will provide beautiful melodies, harmony, imagery, and words to deepen your spiritual life.
Children and youth participate actively in our worship right along with adults. We have a “Time for Children” in every service, and sermons include stories and examples that help children and youth grow in faith. If you are preschool through 3rd grade, there are specially prepared packets including worship bulletins for you that will help you to engage with worship throughout the service.
Nursery care for preschool-age children is available for every worship service, or if you prefer, young children from birth are also always welcome in worship.
If you would like to learn more about one of the following, please call the church office at 479-442-4411. A pastor will be glad to talk with you!
- A Church Wedding
- A Service of Witness to the Resurrection (at the time of death)
- Special Seasonal Worship Services