We are honored to serve as Co-Pastors of Fayetteville’s First United Presbyterian Church. As you browse these web pages, our prayer is that you will sense the warmth and caring of this remarkable community of Christian faith and will make plans to worship with us.
We are a congregation with deep roots in the development of Fayetteville, and deep roots in the history of Arkansas. Our church history incorporates all three of the major strands of American Presbyterianism: Cumberland, Southern, and Northern.
Presbyterians are simply Christians who place a strong and enthusiastic emphasis on basic Christian convictions like:
- God's loving and constant care of the world and all human beings
- God's unconditional grace extended to us in Jesus Christ, who is God with us
- The centrality and relevance of the Bible as God's most reliable way of speaking to us today
- The importance of showing our faith in actions that help the world to reflect God's purposes
- The immediacy and power of the Holy Spirit as God's constant presence within us
More than anything else, Presbyterians believe God’s love for the world is the strongest force in the universe. We believe that by the Holy Spirit, God’s love has been uniquely demonstrated in Jesus Christ and is available to us today.
We invite you to come and experience for yourself how that love can embrace, encourage, and refocus you. Come on Sunday mornings for worship and learning for all ages! Come on Wednesday evenings and join us for a meal and conversation around scripture, music, poetry, Forum speakers, Haiti, Hispanic outreach, or community concerns. Watch the announcements on this website and come at various other times to join with us in hands on service to others. Contact us if you have a pastoral need. And know that the God who created you loves you and holds you and is always available to you!
Phil and Jan Butin
FUPC Fayetteville, Arkansas