First United Presbyterian Church has an intentional outreach with students at the University of Arkansas. There is a place for you in this loving church family.
- At FUPC, worship services and sermons are consciously attentive to the life situation and faith challenges of university students.
- You will find FUPC to be a loving church family where you are noticed and known, where conversations are easy and encouraging, and you are able to meet and get to know people of all ages, from small children to older adults.
- Second Sunday Lunch: In conjunction with United Campus Ministries, on the second Sunday of each month during the UA semesters, many college students worship with us at 11:00 and then go together to the home of a church family (or sometimes a restaurant) for a “free lunch!” A variety of UA students (including graduate students) participates regularly, and all say it’s a great opportunity to get to know one another and the church family better.
- There are many opportunities to serve, from helping build a Habitat House, to being a part of our youth ministry leadership team, to leading children’s groups at Wonderful Wednesdays, to helping the hungry and homeless through Fayetteville’s Cooperative Emergency Outreach. College students serve as volunteer youth ministry leaders and counselors for youth retreats.
- College students participate in a wide variety of church ministries and programs, including service projects, mission trips to Honduras, the Summer all-church picnic, the Fall all-church retreat at Dwight Mission, and Wonderful Wednesdays.
- We are committed to forming small groups of college students to meet in homes for sharing, prayer, and discussion about Christian faith in the university context. If you might want to get involved, let us know by clicking on “Contact Us.”
- FUPC is committed to United Campus Ministry, and our pastors, staff, and various church members are actively involved in welcoming, meeting, and reaching out to students there.