First United Presbyterian Church, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Prayerfully initiate, lead, and coordinating dynamic, fun, and Christ centered ministries that motivate youth and young adults to know, love, and serve God through Jesus Christ. Build, train, and support volunteer leadership teams to plan, coordinate, and co-lead ministry and outreach to these groups in our church community.
We're Praying for a Proactive Leader with:
- A love for youth and young adults and shepherd's heart.
- A mature faith consistent with the Reformed Christian tradition and compatible with mainline Christian church ministry, values, and priorities.
- Personal integrity grounded in truthfulness, transparency, and a solid awareness of appropriate professional ministry boundaries.
- The personal confidence and warmth to reach out to students and young adults on their own terms, and instill the desire to participate in church ministries and get to know Jesus.
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience as a volunteer, employee, or participant in Christian youth, campus and/or camping ministry leadership.
- Relational and listening skills, interpersonal sensitivity, and the ability to recruit, organize, and inspire volunteers.
- A commitment to involving youth and young adults in serving others, and in mission to the community and world.
- An enthusiastic sense of humor and fun, combined with a passion for teaching and forming youth and young adults to be committed followers of Jesus.
- As many of the following as possible: music leadership ability, a love of sports, experience in leading outdoor activities, competence in social media.
- At least a bachelor's degree required.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position. Continuing education ($1500 annually), 10 working days of annual vacation, and church funded membership in a group healthcare plan (or a retirement benefit) are provided.
If you would like to begin discerning with us whether this may be God's calling for you, please send a cover letter, resumé, and the names of at least three references familiar with your ministry gifts and experience, together with your contact information to:
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry Search
First United Presbyterian Church
695 E. Calvin Street
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72703
Church Phone: 479-442-4411
Application materials and inquiries may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumé's received by December 1, 2014, will have priority consideration. The position will begin as soon as possible in 2015.
Our Church and Community
First United Presbyterian Church is a vital, Christ-centered, outward-focused, 475 member congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA), served by Co-Pastors Jan and Phil Butin. The church's mission statement is: "Called to be a light on the hill, we boldly proclaim and serve Christ, the hope of our changing world." Currently, the church has a staff of 13, including part-time program ministry staff positions for Christian Educator and Director of Music Ministry, a volunteer Parish Associate, and a variety of dedicated support staff.
Fayetteville is a young, thriving community of striking natural beauty that is home to the University of Arkansas, Walton Arts Center, and other cultural opportunities, a variety of SEC sports events, and a vibrant night life. The Boston Mountains, the Ozark region, and nearby Beaver Lake provide ample opportunities for outdoor recreation, water sports, and adventure.
Additonal Information on the Web
Fayetteville, Arkansas http://www.accessfayetteville.org/visitors/index.cfm
University of Arkansas http://www.uark.edu
Walton Arts Center http://www.waltonartscenter.org
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art crystalbridges.org
The Ozark Mountains Region http://ozarkmountainregion.com
First United Presbyterian Church Facebook Group: FUPC - A Light on the Hill
Youth Ministry Facebook Groupo: UPY (United Presbyterian Youth) FUPC Fayetteville
United Campus Ministry Facebook Group: UCM at the U of A
Download a PDF of this position