Visit the United Presbyterian Youth website: www.upyfayetteville.com
The youth of First United Presbyterian Church seek to make a positive difference in the world around us. Yearly mission trips, the development of a garden, the annual Homelessness Awareness Vigil & food drive, and volunteering at local mission sites are all ways we live out our desire to change the world one person at a time by loving Jesus and loving like Jesus.
United Presbyterian Youth (UPY) welcomes all youth sixth to twelfth grade for faith, fellowship and fun.
- Sunday School is offered through the 12th grade from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. The youth are divided into age appropriate classes in the following locations:
- 6th-8th grade - downstairs Knox Building
- 9th-12th grade - lower Witherspoon (Activity Building)
- 6th-8th grade is participating in the re:form curriculum this fall and the 6th and 7th will have the opportunity to begin confirmation in January 2013.
- The 9th-12th grade class is discussion-oriented and focuses on how biblical and faith-related topics connect with daily living.
- Sunday Evening youth group (mid-hi and senior-hi groups both meet 4:00-5:30 on Sundays during the school year)
- an age specific program during the all church Wonderful Wednesday program
Every other year, youth in the sixth and seventh grade are invited to deepen and develop their faith through Confirmation. This year long experience encourages youth to deepen their understanding of the Presbyterian Church, the Christian faith, their own faith and their place as members of this community of faith.
The youth gather in lower Witherspoon building. Please join us any time.
Youth Bells and Youth Choir